FAQs for Parents and School Directors/Board Presidents
WHAT IS FINE ART SCHOOL PHOTOGRAPHY?
My goal is to provide a custom, unique experience to all families attending the schools who have chosen me to photograph their students. My service is personal and professional.
I never force a smile and simply aim to capture the character of the children I photograph. No forced poses or faces, just your authentic child. The results are genuine portraits on a simple black background. I provide a light and fun experience for your children and take pride in providing an environment where the kids can relax and be themselves naturally.
WHAT SERVICES DO YOU OFFER?
I am a completely online operation. Families are linked to password-protected online ordering galleries. Galleries are set up according to grade, homeroom, advisory, or whatever grouping that makes sense for the school. Each child will be provided 3-8 images, presented in both colour and black and white. The family may choose the photos they want printed, as opposed to having a single pose chosen for them by the photographer. I also provide unique product choices such as canvas gallery wraps, metal gallery prints and digital images for future printing and archiving. A detailed PDF describing all ordering procedures and shooting day preparation will be provided to each school to be distributed to families prior to photo day.
- Prints are ordered online and delivered directly to the school for distribution.
- I provide all equipment and personnel needed for photo day. Nothing is needed from the school other than class organization at photo time.
- I provide the school with all high-resolution digital files to use for yearbooks, website, school advertising, school ID’s, or however the school wishes to use the images.
- I take staff photos and provide a complimentary digital image for employees.
- Where applicable, I take group photos for each class.
- I handle any questions from parents and families about ordering and products.
- There is no cost the school to book. In fact, 10% of profits are donated right back to the school!
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF FINE ART SCHOOL PORTRAITS VS TRADITIONAL SCHOOL PHOTOS?
- More personalized experience – I spend time with each child in order to ensure the most authentic expressions are captured.
- Parents have control over the choice of which photos to order instead of hoping the photographer prints the best one of their child.
- More choices of products to purchase, including digital files, prints, canvas gallery wraps and metal gallery prints.
WHAT TYPE OF SCHOOLS DO YOU OFFER THIS SERVICE TO?
I am happy to photograph daycare children, preschools, homeschoolers and K through 7.
ARE YOUR IMAGES EXPENSIVE?
I have competitive rates and nothing is due up front, all profit is made from ordering. There is no money due up front and no charge to the school itself. I offer a variety of collections and a-la-carte products to fit everyone’s needs. I also donate 10% of my gross earnings to the schools that I photograph!
WHAT ABOUT PRIVACY CONCERNS?
Each school’s gallery is hosted on a private, unlinked, and uncrawled site. Parents who may have additional concerns about privacy will be given the option to opt-in to an individual private and password protected gallery for their children. (Opt-ins will be submitted by the parent in writing prior to picture day.)
WHAT TIME OF YEAR DO YOU CONDUCT SCHOOL PHOTO SHOOTS?
I work with each individual school to schedule shoots any time during the academic year. Most schools choose to offer these in the Fall or Spring. With the donation I give back to the school some have used these photo shoots as a fundraiser. Others have booked me just in time to get images back for the holiday season. If you have an idea in mind, book early as to ensure your preferred date is available.
· Are you a school ready to book or looking for more information? Contact me by clicking here.
· Are you a parent who would like to see me photograph the kids at your daycare or school? You can do two things. ONE, contact me to tell me which school you would like me to approach to talk about my services, or TWO, you can talk directly to your school, show them my website and tell them you would like a different experience for your school photos.